Friday, November 5, 2010

The Continuation

It has been nearly 3 months since my last blog post! I know, I know...I am terrible at this! But I promise to make an effort to get better about posting. I have just been so busy with traveling, and school, I haven't been able to find the time to breathe, much less blog.

I have decided to take a new direction with my blog, since I have already reached the one year anniversary of my time here in Charleston, it is no longer a "New Chapter". So I have titled this continuation of the "new chapter", La Bella Vita. Translated from Italian, meaning, "The Beautiful Life". I thought it was fitting since learning to speak Italian is on my bucket list. I feel that a beautiful life is what we are all trying to achieve in one way or another. And it seems to me, Italians truly understand the meaning of leaving beautifully. They indulge in happiness, celebrate relationships, and understand "Ah, dolce far niente" (the art of doing nothing). Which to me, doesn't necessarily mean doing absolutely nothing, but rather truly enjoying, and savoring what you are partaking in for the moment.

So, the new direction of my blog, will be about truly enjoying life. I figure that if I blog about the things I love, friends, food, and interior design, I will remember to savor moments, and hopefully by the end of my life I will be able to look back and say, "Wow, La Bella Vita". Cheesy, but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment