Thursday, May 19, 2011

Alone time....

So, James is going to be out of town this weekend, and while I am going to miss him terribly... my mind has been spinning all day with excitement on what my friday night is going to consist of. I definitely know I am getting old when the thought of a night at home alone excites me. Here is what quality "Lynlea time" consists of, and some products that I have fallen in love with:
The first thing I plan on doing is running a nice hot bubble bath. I recently purchased Mr. Bubble Bubblebath. It reminded me of when I was a kid and I use to beg my mom to buy me bubble bath! You just can't beat a classic! Plus it makes fantastic bubbles!
And you can't have the proper, destressing bubble bath without.....Candles. I am loving these teacup candles. Such a cute, feminine way to set a mood. I think these would also be adorable for a bridal luncheon, or little girl's birthday tea party.





Frank Sinatra. Recently, I have become obsessed with music from the 1940's, Frank Sinatra being my favorite. Plus, his music reminds me of being in Vegas with my besties, and there is nothing better than a little reminising to relax you after a long day.

Some Vieux Papes Red Wine. Whole foods has this fabulous French wine for only $5.99. Great taste and a great price! Love! The Picture of Dorian Gray. No bubblebath is complete without a good read. Currently, I am reading the classic The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Being a newcomer to the reading scene, I thought it would be good for me to read a classic I had avoided in high school and college. So far, a great read.


After my bath I plan on slipping into my silk robe.

I don't own this one, but I wish I did. :) And giving myself a much needed mani/pedi. I love Ballet Slippers by Essie. Essie has a great selection of neutral/pink colors.

After my primping time, I plan on making dinner. James is on a special diet right now, so I plan on taking full advantage while he is away and making something BAD (by bad, I mean delicious) for dinner.
I have fallen in love with soup and sandwich snack sets like the one pictured above. I am always on the look out for cute ones. So if you see any, let me know, because they are surprisingly hard to find. But they are perfect for a lunch or dinner soup and sandwich combo, or for breakfast to hold a HUGE cup of coffee and some eggs and toast. I use the set I have constantly.


Then I am going to curl up in my comfy bed....
Ok, this isn't my bed, but it sure looks comfy. And the colors are a little shout out to The Travel Broad! Grey and yellow/green are definitely in this season. I am currently working on a dining room project for a client with these colors.


And watch a good movie.
James is out of town, chick flick it is :) Steel Magnolias is one of my all time favorites.


So there you have it, the recipe for the perfect, destressing, relaxing, and rejuvenating night of quality alone time!


Thought I would throw this little bit of inspiration in, since it is rumored the world is going to end tomorrow. If the rapture does happen, thank you to all my faithful blog followers. And to all my BESTIES, I LOVE YOU OH SO VERY MUCH! And Thank you for making my life so exciting, and full of LOVE!





























































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment